Friday, December 6, 2013

From Asheville to Savannah

I loved my visit to Savannah! We stayed on Tybee Island so that we could enjoy the beach as well as the city. The warm embrace of southern hospitality is palpable in every friendly smile and helpful guide. We took a trolleybus tour and then walked around the waterfront. We decided to forego the famous Paula Deen restaurant in favor of a highly recommended Greek Restaurant. The food was good but the portions were overwhelmingly huge. A pity, indeed, I could only eat half of it... I hate to waste, but I could not carry around a box of food while walking and taking photographs.

Here are some of the pics:































 


We ended our brief trip with a visit to Zunzi's, a South African restaurant. Highly recommend it for ambiance, the food, live music and the great service!

No comments:

Post a Comment