Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Quick and easy.

One of my favorite diet dishes is a frittata, it is quick and easy and goes well with a salad to make a nutritious light supper.

 

I was mooching around in the grocery store, specifically, in the frozen veg section when I saw something called "Potatoes O'Brien".  Diced potatoes with red peppers and onions, all ready to be cooked and enjoyed. Hmmm, I had an idea... So I went ahead and nabbed a carton of Southwestern Eggo type stuff...I knew just what I was going to do....

 

I browned about half a bag of the taters, added some salt, and frozen spinach, about a cup and a half, sauteed it gently and then scooped it all into a baking dish, poured the entire carton of the eggo mix over the potato mixture, topped it with a generous amount of fresh ground pepper and a liberal dose of grated parmesan. Baked for 2o minutes at 350 degrees.

 

It was delicious. A satisfying meal that delivers a little peppery bite and the fragrant cheese crust is a delicious topping to what could have been a boring Wednesday night dinner.

 

As you can see, only half is left.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment